Custom Docks and Marinas at the Lake of the Ozarks
Performance By Design
At Iguana Rip Rap & Dock, our docks are 100% customized to meet your needs. We truly care about your dock as much as you do, which is why all of our designs are engineer certified. We understand your residential dock is a huge investment and we’ll be there at every step. You can count on us.
Why Choose Iguana Docks?
- Engineered certified designs
- 3-D rendering previews
- 2×2 x 3/16 steel structure
- Engineered Truss Frame Sections
- Shipping available anywhere
- ALL Iguana structures are designed for durability and a long service life. Not just copies of other dock builders.
- Docks sections are built entirely on true structural TRUSS design practice. 4 bars used every 4 feet to create a real structural truss. Beware of the competitors docks who use fewer members for bracing, for these are not structural trusses.
- Truss design is also used in the cross framing assemblies in all docks.
- Ends of sections are configured to create a full contact surface and use eight ½ inch diam. high strength bolts for maximum stress distribution in bolts and steel framing.
- Diagonal angles with the section resist twisting and racking of the section. Iguana will add bracing by design to adapt to your special site conditions.
- No one-size-fits-all approach at Iguana.
- All Iguana special application assemblies utilize a time proven design to endure the tough conditions and use thick steel parts to resist wear and tear.
- Columns are all a durable 2.5 x 2.5 x 11 gauge. Through bolted at the base with a minimum of two ½ inch high strength bolts.
- Roof support beams, called purlins, are all 8×2.5 x14 gauge minimum. Larger purlins are used as site conditions demand. Thinner 16 gauge purlins are avoided.
- Our roof column to purlin bolts are also high strength ½ inch bolts for secure attachments where high winds and heavy snow can create up to 2000 lbs of load on a single connection. No 3/8” bolts used here.
- Roof panels and all structural components are designed specifically for the wind and snow loads for any region of the United States based on criteria recommended by the International Building Code (IBC) and other steel construction standards as applicable to dock design.
- All bolts will utilize washers to avoid material deformation develop the full capacity of the joint.
- Anchoring cable is 5/8” diam. Galvanized.
- Concrete decking is reinforced.